Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Oh no, I need a new player!

I purchased the Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player and like it very much. I wanted streaming capabilities and flash drive input options in addition to playing CD’s, etc. I am very happy with the Oppo 105 Blu-Ray Player. Its sound quality is very good and I like its many other capabilities.

I like the Oppo because it can play all disk formats include SACD’s, has USB 2.0 ports for my USB drives (and hard drives) and Internet streaming from Pandora and Rhapsody. It needs an external monitor so you can see what you are doing (very important).

The Oppo 105 automatically connects to Gracenote's global media database over the Internet so it can display cover art, title, artist, genre and other media information when playing CD's. This is a very helpful feature.

The Oppo 105 was very easy to setup and connected to my Ethernet wired Internet connection automatically). I performed a firmware update and it has been playing ever since. While Wi-Fi is an option, a wired connection is highly recommended. Since I purchased the Oppo, there has been two firmware updates. Both were installed with no problems from the Internet.

I have recently moved the Oppo 105 to my video only system since it was replaced with a MAC Book Pro Computer and the Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC in my 2 channel audio system. I highly recommend the Oppo 105 for use in a 2 channel only system or in a video system. It is an outstanding unit and I highly recommended it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.