Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: SACD player?

there you go! That's exactly the setup I'm after. Being able to play music off a hard drive and yet being able to play my SACD's. I have two hard drives (one TB each) Yet one more question:

*assuming I go ahead and buy the Oppo as you said and hook up the two hard drives in it as well; then how does one go about controlling the hard drives to pull up music? Do I need a small note book or maybe an I-Pad dock?

For the rest of you, I thank you for your replies. I've been burnt twice by Marantz equipment, and the second time I blame myself! I have listened to the 5400es, and was stunned at the sound quality. Not quite a 777es, but damned close. (the 777ES is my standard for sound quality)

In the spring, I'll be moving my audio system. This will be a serious task even though I'll keep 65% of my equipment. I'll be using two turntables, unless I buy the brackets and another tone arm for my Final Tool table. Have a new phono stage picked out, and feel comfortable there. Still I'm uncomfortable with starting all over in the digital world. I'm an analog guy. Right now I mostly use my good old Jolida, but of course it doesn't do SACD's. I like the smooth sound without glare of the Jolida, but an SACD is a step up the ladder and I for one do like the DVD-A's that I own (maybe a dozen at the most). Plus the Oppo plays everything!
gary
Gary

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.