Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Thanks for the input from both of you guys...

I and my local guru pretty much agree with your explanation(s). He also mentioned the VHF noise that comes with DSD. We took pains to make the amps stable prior to setting up the Bev system, and the first thing I need to do is to figure out whether we treated the two amplifiers differently in any way. It's quite possible that that is the case. For example, I built a shield out of "TI Shield" that runs between the input and driver stages of each of the two amplifiers (which is all solid state) and the very high voltage tube output stage. Each of the two amps has the shielding, but maybe one shield is working better than the other, due to better grounding or to slight differences in how the shields were located. Similarly, there are ferrite beads here and there on leads that connect the solid state circuit to the output stage.

In retrospect, I had been experiencing moments when the R channel would sound a bit lower in gain compared to the left, but it is a very momentary phenomenon, and nothing else elicited the white noise. Possibly those fleeting changes in gain characteristic represent an episode of oscillation as well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks for the input from both of you guys... - Lew 12:35:27 01/25/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.