Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Received my K-03 Settings Info

I got the K-03 Feb. last year and I am still experimenting with the "upsampler" and the digital filter combinations. For CD/SACD disc playback I use the DSD conversion/"upsampling" for CD, and for SACD it is DSD passthrough. For all the other inputs I picked the 4FS x4 upsampling. The digital filter is set to S_DLY1 for all sources. The USB is set to HS_2 - "high speed" asyn. mode.

I have a Micromega CD DUO CD transport connect to the K-03 via a COAX cable. For the optical input I have the Oppo 83SE (I can get up to 24bits 96kHz for DVD-A, etc). And I have a MacBook Pro hooked up to the K-03.

I left the K-03 on and let it burn in for a while so I haven't really trying these filters and upsamplers too hard. Bear in mind of my settings above, I have recently noticed that when playing a RBCD through the CD transport instead of on the K-03, the music is livelier. It sounds like the PCM to DSD conversion has caused this. Something I haven't tried includes to have every input streams convert to DSD, or shutting down all upsampling and digital filter.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.