Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Esoteric Different strokes

Gotta agree.

I have vinyl here that is pathetic and digital that is glorious. However on average vinyl here has more lifelike dimensionality in my room. The highest fidelity at my shack is with vinyl. The background is close to digital black as I have vac holddown and excellent isolation. To be fair I also spent a lot more on my vinyl setup. The low output coils I use can really unravel the high frequencies and vinyl is my normal go to. I am not a total Luddite as I would like to tangle with J. Elison over on vinyl but I can't as I reached the same conclusion he did as the vinyl I rip to cd on my Alesis masterlink I do not think I could tell apart when I spin it in my Esoteric (and I have tried to do this screwing around).

In any event I have digital that I totally enjoy and can live with for the long haul. Congratulations on your K03 and if it sounds as good as I heard it frequently at my friends (he spent serious coin from a Esoteric dealer in NY who took it back from a buyer who moved up to K01-which is ironic as my X03SE score was a guy doing the same damn thing. (Which makes me think I would like someone to haul a K01 over here and throw it in the mix).

Congratulations on your K03 and I will be very interested in your reaction to it down the road. Please post here or through inmate mail after you get it spinning.

Merry Christmas and happy listening.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.