Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Some say that taking the Optical Pickup out of the chain makes for better sound.

I've heard that Audio Note is good.
Maybe the Mytek is lacking because of the modest price. There is a competing product that's about $4000.
I can't imagine Redbook being better overall than Hi Rez, tho, hasn't been my experience, but haven't heard any A.N. Products.
I record my own Rehearsals and Concerts in 24/96, that is way better than the 16/44 of my DAT Days.I will record the next one in DSD with Sony PCM D 100.
Woo Hoo, more stuff to compare…
I am going to compare Computer Playback up to 24/192 on my Mac 2500 Internal Dac, and my Sony 5400/VSE, using the same Titles.
Reference Recordings Engeneer says their 24/176, played back with the proper DAC is better tha DSD, or 24/176 converted to DSD.
I look forward to a week of Crazyness in January!
And yes, I suppose it will be Apples and Oranges, I don't know what would constitute a Truly Fair Comparison, but I will find out What's What with the stuff I have at hand.
Also, in Jan, my 5400 / Vse will be upgraded to the Uber Clock, another Variable to throw in…

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.