Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Ravel Orchestral Works on the Tacet label - more delusion on SA-CD.net

Although we have our share of crazed, delusionary inmates here on the asylum (I proudly count myself among them!), I still think we have some way to go before we can match the levels of delusion regularly encountered on the SA-CD.net site. The latest case involves the recent Tacet recording listed above - available in two formats, SACD and blu-ray audio. As with the study of wine tasters who reported that a given wine tasted better the more expensive they thought it was, there are certain listeners who will swear DSD always sounds better than PCM regardless of the actual facts connected with the recording.

There has been some discussion on SA-CD.net's Tacet thread about the recording shown above, and I was interested to read the following comments:

Despite all the smoke, there's one way to find out for sure, and that's to contact the CEO of Tacet, Andreas Spreer. I did just that a couple of days ago, indicating that I was undecided as to whether to purchase the SACD or the blu-ray audio, and asking if he could tell me the format of the master for this recording to help me decide. I just got Herr Spreer's reply earlier today: the master is 24/96 PCM. Oops!

I just ordered the blu-ray from JPC and am eagerly awaiting the DSD signature sound of the massed strings! ;-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Ravel Orchestral Works on the Tacet label - more delusion on SA-CD.net - Chris from Lafayette 15:06:52 11/22/13 (15)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.