Hi-Rez Highway

Agreed. Tubes and vinyl sorts go together.... to make for *extra realism*

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Hi-Rez Highway ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Not to mention that almost all available vinyl was recorded during the tube era with an all tube recording chain, recording decks, amps, etc. Tubes are at the heart of my own vinyl system which includes a 4 tube Music Reference phono pre and my primary amplifier, Nuvista 300, that also includes tubes in the circuitry. Sounds pretty good, but I am experienced enough to know that it falls short of the realism imparted by my SACD system. Although, I think you put it best that vinyl has the *extra realism* (euphonic sweetner) that is unique to vinyl.

By the way, this *extra realism* is not necessarily an "analog" thing it is a singular "vinyl" thing. If you have an opportunity to swop out or compare some reel-to-reel with vinyl you will know what I mean. Most vinyl lovers I know (me, too, in many cases) take the sound of LPs over quality reel to reel which avoids the RIAA colorization (oops, equalization) and which is audibly closer to the source.

Also play some digitally sourced vinyl. They are just fine or certainly less "tainted" to vinyl lovers than the CD version even though (or because) they have gone the LP sausage making process. Go figure.

Robert C. Lang

Follow Ups: