Hi-Rez Highway

RE: we know that's a lie because nobody knows 20 people who have SACD players

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Hi-Rez Highway ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Sure, I lied.

Just as I lied when I said I bought 8000 pcs of dmp sacd from Tom Jung, another 8000 sacds from chesky, and 16000 sacds from groovenote to give away as free gifts. I don't know who are the people who ultimately received them or if they appreciated the sonic differences that these hybrids discs made on their players, but I do know quite a lot of people like the Masekela and Cassidy on the last one, which were my choices to be included on the disc, or else no deal.

I was probably the one who sold the most sacds in 3 years in the Asia region!
Probably the record still stands :-)
Actually, I made 2 sampler sacd discs with groovenote, so the numbers could be 8000 + 8000 + 16000 + 16000 discs in total.

But why only twenty Patricia Barber nightclub sacd?
These were given to country based trainers in this region.

I prefer to have titles of different genres of music from multiple record labels on these sampler discs to send a very important message that there are enough choices of sacds available so that buyers can feel confident and worthwhile to support the format.

You don't know 20 people who own sacd players?
You must come from a small town, and you keep to yourself all the time.
If I go down on a Saturday to the Singapore audio Mecca (adelphi building), I can easily meet and chat with more than 20 people who owns sacd players.

Mikel probably has had more than 30 people come visit him to listen to his system.
Probably safe to say, minus the odd fellas, they all have sacd players.
Why don't you do the hospitality thing and invite some people to your place to listen some sacd music now and then?

Edits: 01/08/12

Follow Ups: