In Reply to: RE: New SACD Players: Esoteric K-05 and K-07 posted by vahe on August 14, 2012 at 10:02:40:
Actually, I have to disagree with your generalization. I have a Marantz SA11 S2 and an Esoteric X-05. I purchased the Marantz last summer for my main rig after my Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista SACD player died (for the final time). I was happy with the Marantz, but I felt it sounded slightly forward compared to my previous player.
Then, earlier this year the Esoteric X-05 went on sale at Music Direct. After several weeks of pondering I broke down and ordered one. (As it turned out I got the last unit in stock.) Right from the get go the Esoteric was definitely warmer than the Marantz player, and it had more resolution with a quieter noise floor. The difference was not subtle. The Esoteric X-05 is now officially the best source unit I've owned--so far.
I can only assume that the K-05 and K-07 players will be of similar sound quality and character. Buy with confidence.
Esoteric X-05 CD/SACD player
Bryston SP2 prepro
Proceed HPA2 amp
Hales Transcendence 8 towers (sealed three-ways)
(Cabling by Mogami and Cobalt)
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - New SACD Players: Esoteric K-05 and K-07 - Doktor Brahms 07:59:58 08/13/12 (11)
- please, please, please - lokie 09:52:38 10/05/12 (0)
- RE: New SACD Players: Esoteric K-05 and K-07 - Steelhead 11:22:19 09/15/12 (0)
- RE: New SACD Players: Esoteric K-05 and K-07 - Arnaldo 16:31:58 08/14/12 (3)
- RE: New SACD Players: Esoteric K-05 and K-07 - byegolly 05:26:29 08/15/12 (2)
- Music Direct lists the K-07 in silver and black. - Doktor Brahms 08:08:34 08/15/12 (1)
- RE: Music Direct lists the K-07 in silver and black. - byegolly 11:21:12 08/15/12 (0)
- RE: New SACD Players: Esoteric K-05 and K-07 - vahe 10:02:40 08/14/12 (4)