Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Philosophy of Recording & Listening

I believe there is not one right way to record and one right way to listen. A company can choose to make dynamic range the be all and end all, then the customer can choose whether to buy. (Botanic...)

Very well put. Of course all recording engineers would subscribe to that. So do we. However, all the rest was not put in question by Disbeliever; he only discussed the dynamics and average level. When I answer him, I would find it inconsequencial to dwelve on the other factors, however relevant they may be (and are). Imagibe if I answered his diatribes about dynamics with a "but we're really good at timbres"... Sounds like a very feeble defence and an attempt to deflect the attack by introducing something - for this question - irrelevant. Disbeliever chose one subject, and I chose to answer him about that.

All the rest (balance, bloom, timbre etc) is a given in my world. So is honesty, and you cannot be honest and compress at the same time. So we don't.

Robert

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.