Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Here's a reply from Robert Von Bahr of BIS...

No, Mr. Disbeliever, I don't find it at all interesting. I find it sad.

Sad that you accuse me of barefaced lying - our recording engineer has NOT tampered with the dynamics, basta! Your repeating it doesn't make it any more truthful, but it does put eggs on your face.
Sad that you cannot follow simple logic on a level of a 10-year old. Last time (I am a born optimist):
If there is a difference in dynamics and therefore the average level, and all other things being equal, and we have NOT tampered with the dynamics, then follows that the others have. QED.

Mind you, I am not making statements about the quality of our recordings vs any other labels'. I am not saying that my view re dynamics objectively is better, and there may very well be some substance to some complaints (especially from someone that has to broadcast on an analogue net). But I AM saying that we want to present the truth, and we DO present the truth, and nothing but, as far as dynamics are concerned. If you don't like it, stay clear.

I would expect to get criticism from people that try to listen to a cheap boombox while showering, or from people who regard classical music as nice background, but in THIS Forum, where people are audiophiles and presumably interested in the correct sound and true dynamics, that feels really odd, and that's putting it mildly. Very mildly. Why do you buy SACD:s, if you don't want the full Monty? mp3 would suit you admirably (we can provide them as well...)

Robert von Bahr

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.