Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Here's a reply from Robert Von Bahr of BIS...

Yes, I am saying that, all other things being equal, if we have the same repertoire, the artists play equally loudly, and there is a difference in the average level, yes, Mr. Disbeliever, they have tampered with the dynamics. If there is a difference in dynamics, and since I KNOW that we haven't changed anything, they must have. Basic logic 1 A. And, since, without naming names, I happen to know that quite a lot of labels do do that, I feel even more justified is stating this - obvious - fact.

I am not putting any real value opinion into this. I can understand that, if an SACD contains one huge crash and the rest is "normal", the temptation is there to diminish the crash, so that the rest will appear to be louder in comparison with it. It is just that I am an absolute, and I have forbidden that practice. However understandable, it is a lie.

If you have this problem with BIS and not with the others, then either they compress, or our Artists play more wildly. There are no other answers.

Robert von Bahr

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.