Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

No, take a networked player!

Hi,

I was a happy owner of a sa11s2. Excellent player and my positive opinion is similar to others. But why upgrade to a player without a network connection? I upgraded from the s2 to a Linn DS and I "never looked back". Not only the easy operation (all music chosen from my ipad from my chair), but also the increase in detail, punch and image. My player works flawless, wired to my NAS. And fairly quickly you discover HD downloads and build an extra library from that. I kept my 5.1ch Marantz to play my SACD's for multichannel (and to play SACD 2ch if you really really want to, which you will not!), but the Linn is far more busy. I also think that a USB connection (as the s3 will have) is only less than half of a solution. Browsing through your collection will be terrible and I don't see an ipad kind of solution for that. So, take the step to a networked solution now! You will have to do this somewhere in the future, so why not do it now, since the ease and quality is already available.

berlin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • No, take a networked player! - berlin 03:36:44 06/15/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.