Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: BIS SACD

BIS has released a well over 100 sacd's. You've made a rather general comment on BIS sacd's. Perhaps you could be a little more specific as to which ones you are referring to.
BIS has been releasing sacd's for 10 years or so and they've all been recorded in 24 bit, other than a few early ones done in dsd, and they've all had the same theoretical dynamic range. Did it take you 10 years to write your post, or did you just come upon this more recently?
Also, why is it that you feel you need to constantly adjust the volume? The obvious assumption is that you find the loud parts too loud and you cannot hear the quiet passages, but is there something else to it for you.
Also, I have a large number of BIS sacd's and have no issue with the dynamic range once I properly adjust the volume at the beginning of the disc. I have found that I have increase the decibel level 2-4 dbs., in comparison to many other discs, to get the best sound. And in the odd instance when I have felt it necessary to make an adjustment I didn't get all bent out of shape like you apparently feel.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.