Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Analogue Productions SACD: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances--Anyone else have this?

Fellow Inmates: I recently ordered the Analogue Productions SACD of the Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances (Dallas SO/Donald Johanos). You're probably aware that this recording has developed a cult following over the years and has been reissued any number of times. This version must be reckoned a success: the laser-like clarity and immediacy are there in spades, but there's a bit more warmth than other versions I've heard.

Here's my question for anyone else who has this disc: in the first minute or so of the last movement (track 3), something that sounds like low-level radio static is audible. It doesn't really sound like a defect in the disc itself; perhaps a bit of deterioration of the master tape is the culprit. If you have this disc, please let me know if you can hear this as well. Thanks for your response!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Analogue Productions SACD: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances--Anyone else have this? - Doktor Brahms 08:30:03 03/16/12 (26)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.