Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Is it worth to get a Modded OPPO 93 or 95 for audio playback?

Those are strong words! about a player that gets mentioned at every turn in the digital playback arena regardless of format, why because its SOTA and hard for many to believe a true universal player has finally been produced.Personally I see no need to mod an already stellar machine, what I hear those who have gotten them back describe the sound as what I found in the stock unit with decent cables ( Ps audio AC10 & AQ Columbia XLR/Rca) I would assume one would put good cables on there source and other components to achieve the best playback possible. If this doesn't do the trick then and only then would I consider a mod but in the case of the 95 this is completely unnecessary, But who am I to say! After one year to the date of having the 95 in my setup it has continued to engage, reveal and stun me!I went out on a limb to get it and 30 days latter pronounced it a true Giant Killer! But maybe it should be Giant's !

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.