Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Is it worth to get a Modded OPPO 93 or 95 for audio playback?

Hi all,

I am a 2-channels audio guy and have been away from the Home Theater (HT) game for many years. However, my wife love watching movies. In view of the recent development in the AV playback system and media player, I determined to "integrate" to my 2 channels system a HT system with media player.

After some search, it seems that the OPPO 93 or 95 is a good candidate for a mediate player in a HT and audio system. Apart from the universal playing function, it has SACD, DVD-A and fac/WAV files playing capability.

As an audio guy, I want to boost the audio performance of the OPPO players. I am now deciding whether to get a stock OPPO 93 or 95 or a modded OPPO 93 0r 95. I would be very much grateful if users of OPPO units or modded OPPO units could share your experiences and advise on the following:

1. How is the audio performance of OPPO 93 compared with OPPO 95?
2. How is the analogue out OPPO 93 /OPPO 93 compare with a good CDP, a good SACD player?
3. Does the OPPO 93/95 has good audio performance when playing Flac/WAV files?
4. How are the performance of the commercial mod such as Wright, RAM, JLTI, Effective Audio mods compare to each other?
5. Are the mods worthwhile and how are the extent of boosting in audio performance? It seems that there are only very very little review or user comment in the net.

I know that the above are all long questions and sorry about that. I am too ignorant on the above and can get little information from the web. Your comments or information will be very helpful for my decision.

Thanks a lot.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Is it worth to get a Modded OPPO 93 or 95 for audio playback? - andy2667 20:59:56 03/09/12 (63)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.