Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: I think he meant in numbers sold.

I don't listen to vinyl only for "marginal superiorority" in sonics, I listen to vinyl also because of the choices... there is pretty much no choice when it comes to SACD now...only a few releases each year that both I don't have already on vinyl and/or the music interests me enough to spend the $$.
Yes, vinyl has it's share of albums not done the best, but at least it is there to listen to..

I listen to music first, not formats. Only when purchasing and having a choice, of course I will choose which format of the music sounds better, which is different with each title.

I jumped into SACD big time and bought right and left for the first 4 years or so only to be disappointed in mastering, many obviously inferior to earlier vinyl issues or just poorly done and then the lack of titles being released.
Many, many others from this forum and other SACD adopters went back to vinyl being their main format or "new" main format because of these same reasons.

If only the Music Companies had jumped on board and released their material on SACD like what is being enjoyed on vinyl now, SACD would have had at least the same, probably more popularity and volume.

I still enjoy playing SACDs, but I find the choices in vinyl much more apealing.
Yes, I play SACD/CD for convienence, but find I play vinyl 90% of the time.

It's all about the music!

Support Asylum Trader

Edits: 03/02/12 03/02/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I think he meant in numbers sold. - rich121 09:06:58 03/02/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.