Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

What, you have 900 SACDs?

rich, you have 900 SACDs worth upwards of 27 thousand dollars and have not done the mods many here have repeatedly suggested? I honestly think that unless you do so you are totally wasting your money on software. I'll go out on the limb and state that CDs on the completed Allen Wright rig sound better than SACDs did on the stock machines. Seriously. Here's an example of how strongly I feel about the SACD / CD thing on my machine. I got my weekly mailer from Chad Kasem this morning. On it there are 3 new Ray Charles SACDs. The live one, specifically, got my attention. To listen to a few tunes and to see reviews of the CD version I clicked over to Amazon.com. The comments were as I would have suspected. Generally they liked it. Mostly 5 stars. There were twice as many tunes on the CD as the SACD that Acoustic Sounds is trying to lay on me. As CDs sound pretty darn good on my player now, if I do get this recording I'll go with the CD, of which may be the entire concert, and not feel short changed at all by the difference between the CD and SACD pressings. Plus I'll have 20 bucks to buy 3 more oldie albums to boot.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.