Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

late to the party for SACDs

they were the first logical digital format in my mind so i embraced it fairly early on. the discs were plentiful (relatively) and sold for about what a regular cd listed for and i felt that they were FINALLY worth that much (but not their own list price). i acquired a fair number of them to support the medium, unlike sony.

still SACDs are available at what about what i consider max for new vinyl ($30) and i buy now and again. because they possess most of that relaxed, satisfying character of vinyl playback, i still feel they are a worthwhile and buy-able entity.

be patient and buy wisely; you will likely come to the same conclusion. i still feel that LPs are the standard sound for me but sacd is close. my sacd player is a lowly sony ns500v that i paid $160 (delivered) for just as it was closing out; its a FINE sounding player that makes even RBCDs sound better than a regular player, another benefit of sacd playback capability.

its not to say that the unit you bought is going to measure up but there ARE some cheap SONYs available new that likely do. check costco and smas club for SONYs for about $160 to 190 that carry the sacd logo.

i am not fooling myself that it will get you AYRE level of quality but pretty good for cheap.
...regards...tr

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.