Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

SACD

OT maybe but. Just bought a Philips combi CD/DVD/SACD stereo/multi channel receiver in a thrift store. I tried the internal amp, hooked it up in stereo to a pair of Mission hifi monitors. Awful sound, metallic highs whatever the setting. Most average consumers have traded their mostly decent consumer grade stereo rigs for this kind of crap. And remember i used decent monitors not the crappy plastic boxes that came with it.

Next test. Line out stereo to a huge vintage Denon stereo amp to the same Mission monitors. Much better. Not a bad CD player. But of course i bought i for the SACD capability. Haven't had any firsthand experience with SACD yet.

And i doubt if i will, SCAD's are scarce and expensive, phew. Mostly jazz albums like Brubeck/Time Out which i already have on vinyl. I may buy a few classical SACD's with composers and compositions which i don't have. You're much better off collecting records. To quote mastering engineer Doug Sax: it's pathetic but the vinyl record is anno 2012 the best physical sound medium. High resolution 24/96 digital downloads may be the future but where to find them?

"The torture never stops"

Greetings Freek.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - SACD - Munkie_NL 03:05:27 02/29/12 (30)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.