Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

the emmy is in the house

nice.

this unit uses a transport which allows me to erase residual playback memory and directly cue-up desired track to play (unlike the previous 3 models - the CDSA, CDSD, and TSD1) so that sound quality is optimised. the playback design transport (same esoteric made oem transport) behaves the same way, but the emmy has an additional standby button on the front, so i won't have to reach over to the back to flick the power off/on. the playback doesn't have that, so it's another plus point for the emmy.

i also like the fact that on the emmy, the absolute polarity button is available on the front panel, (unlike the playback design) so that when i have to engage it, i don't have to use the remote at all. the remote won't be opened and used. it stays in the carton box.

and the song that has the honor of being the first being played on the emmy....?

it's wu yin ying, the oriental songbird of the forties

this very early year 1990, made in japan disc is a straight transfer from the original lacquers. the surface noise is so uncannily real...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.