Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Thanks!

Actually, I did listen to the mcd-500 in the shop and compared it with the Ayre and honestly preferred the Ayre. My preference for the Ayre was probably system dependent which is strange that I preferred the Ayre because the system used a Mcintosh integrated amp!
Anyway, the MCD-500 sounded nice enough but less transparent than the Ayre, maybe a little silkier and sweeter but a little noisy or muddled contrast to the clean sound of the Ayre; so I took the Ayre home with me.

I have not heard the Marantz 7s1; no dealers close, but I have heard the sa 11 s2 and did not think it sounded like real music. Like the Ayre, it sounded good but not convincingly real. (did not hear it in my system so can't really objectively judge the performance completely)

A friend of mine has the oppo bd83 se which uses the same dacs as the mac but at the time I heard it, it was blown away by my Audio Note 2.1x in every way. Have not heard the Oppo 95...

As an aside; I just tried the preamp variable output from the Mac straight to my monoblocks and it is simply a joke compared to my Audio Note Preamp. I thought maybe I could sell my pre.. LOL! nope...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Thanks! - classicalmusiclover 08:19:00 02/17/12 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.