Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: New Developments in USB DSD DAC's and ADC's

Excellent, glad to hear you have started building a computer based DSD collection, which I believe is entirely within our "Fair use" rights.

The greatest factor holding back DSD in my mind is lack of freedom, being locked in to another easily damaged/lost format. Without the benefits of backup and archiving we enjoy with all other digital audio how can it compete in the iPod age?

Have you been following the ExaU2I Project, they have achieved playback of DSD files, in addition to DXD, plus multichannel, and right now would be the easiest way to playback DSD & DXD from your home windows PC. The ElectrArt UDA (USB-Dual-Audio) is another option which would also allow recording DSD, no DXD support, but will take a little more effort to setup, also you need to wait to get one, they are sold out for the next month or so.

I still believe the ideal way of ripping a Dff file from a SACD would be to use a PS3, as this allows error checking and verifiable backups, plus faster than real-time ripping, any other method would possibly be a source of errors into the bitstream if not treated with incredible care, and would require expensive test equipment to really know.

-Alex
Viva Vinyl!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: New Developments in USB DSD DAC's and ADC's - alexcount 09:59:13 09/17/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.