Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT... from Vacuum State

I have been asked by Allen's wife Hanni to make an official confirmation on the Hi-Rez Forum as this was indeed the forum of his choice and his way to keep in contact with so many people who shared his passion for audio. A brief announcement here, she felt would be prevent causing what might be viewed as only rumours.

Allen passed away last week. He told me about three weeks before that he would be getting better, but sadly that was not to be.

Since then efforts were made for us to contact as many as we could personally, I know quite a few like myself who knew Allen for more than three decades. We all feel heavy at heart.

It's been a pleasure to work with Allen for all those years and sharing each others confidence. We never had a single angry word between us. There are so many memories, some of the highlights to me is spending many hours, often on the road, both here in Australia and Europe, talking about so many things related to all kinds of matters of life. Allen was a multi-faceted person in all respects and interested in many topics. I am not speaking alone, but it will take some time to get over the loss. Also our thoughts should be with Hanni at this difficult time.

Re Vacuum State, it will continue to function, will endeavour to do what we can. I cannot say more than that at this stage.

This has been the most difficult message I have ever had to post.

Joe Rasmussen
If you were mad, would you know it?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.