Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Good analogy toas further proof of "Dead and Buried"...

I have an Akai GX646 reel to reel machine with many tapes that rarely gets played...
Tapes on ebay are a crapshoot, the decent ones are expensive, and again,a crapshoot. Most tapes are not stored or taken care of properly, and because of this, do not age gracefully.

"Sure new recorded tapes are difficult to buy. Like records though, most people are buying used. I listen to vinyl more than anything else, and am always on the lookout for good used records. It's been quite awhile since I bought a new one."

There isn't much comparable between reel to reels and records...reels you have to properly store them (many times more sensitive to humidiy, heat, horizontal placement etc.)
There are millions more records than reel to reels, as it was the standard format during the years reels were produced in quantity..and there are thousands of NEW RELEASES available, right now, in large quantities, for very little dollars..even less than in the years when vinyl was King!

Little in common...

I am very much aware of what sites there are for the tape hobbiest...I also have a Nakamichi cassette player...another "dead" format...

Rick
It's all about the music!

Support Asylum Trader

Edits: 03/31/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.