Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: "See a pattern here?"

As long as manufactures make new SACD players I will be happy. With non jazz and classical there is hardly any point of having SACD release anymore - most new popular albums that I buy are overdriven sonic messes: Lady Gaga, John Mayer etc. When SACD came out I was excited about a) sonic fidelity b) multi channel. You'll lough, but I was waiting for a Multi channel Spears album. That never happened. However, I had other interests in music like vocal and instrumental jazz - and there were plenty of choices in SACD and still are today. Diana Krall has all of her major albums (4 or 5), Elon John has what 6 or 8 albums on SACD? There are plenty of other great jazz performers I would never discovered, wouldn't it be for SACD. Actually, thanks to SACD I discovered audiophile labels such as Chesky, Telarc (RIP), Reference Recordings. In my age group you'd be hard pressed to learn about this side of the music isle. But thanks to SACD, I did.

My SACD collection is about 1/2 of my CD. I don't stock pile CDs, but rather buy something I know I will be listening often - so it says much about SACD. I do have a few classical albums that I like to listen too. I agree new SACD releases of non classical material are few and far between. But the one that's in my possession I do treasure, and as long as I have hardware to play them on - I won't feel like I lost a single penny on SACD.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "See a pattern here?" - avsBuddy 14:29:36 03/23/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.