Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: SACD format "dead and buried'?

A point being missed here is that when SACD was developed one of the benefits was the improvement in the processing of red-book. So even if SACD were to die out, the benefits like in the Sony SCD1 & Marantz SA7-S1 and other SACD players was the reproduction of red-book.

Some reviewers stated for one red-book sounded close to SACD. I would agree with that statement.

A well mastered piece of music is enjoy in any format it was that way back in the fable days of Vinyl not all recordings were great sounding, not all vinyl pressing were great either.

That is why I purchased a lot Japanese LP's. That cost $25-$30 back in the late 70's and 80's.

Red-Book today can sound outstanding, SACD's recorded fresh, not old vinyl analog recording from old tapes of early LP's. They are more natural and perfect in pitch with the warm of the golden days of recordings in the 50's and early 60's.

Sad that others have gone the way of downloading music, another step away from physical contact with the medium. The cost of such hi-res down loads is obscene, talk about a cash cow, no manufacturing costs once loaded on line.

PJB

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.