Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Thanks for weighing in. Do you believe the Oppo SE can benefit from a superclock mod? NT

I will know very soon. Clocks are important but among the last thing to change. Much more benefit comes from better power supplies, output stages, transport mods and esoteric mods (damping, shielding, removing distortion producing parts, etc). The SE already sounds like it has a good clock in it (the ESS DACs run off their own clock right next to them....the ESS DACs are said to be less sensitive to jitter....we shall see). However, I have never heard a machine that did not benefit from better clocking. The main clock on the decoding board is a 27 meg clock. I will be changing that clock to my EVS Clock 2 this weekend. The clock right on the DACs will be changed in about 10 days when I get the right frequency clock in. I imagine for all out sound that both clocks will need to be upgraded. But, as I said, these are not the most important things to change first. Just doing my $150 MBBM++ mod and the analog power supply mod is really guite something....and this is just $250 total. Clocks cannot make this kind of difference....no way.....but, they are important for all out sound.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Thanks for weighing in. Do you believe the Oppo SE can benefit from a superclock mod? NT - Ric Schultz 22:01:25 12/23/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.