Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: REVIEW: Vacuum State Electronics VSE modified Sony SCD-XA5400ES with Terra Firma Lite SACD Player (Modded)

"Do you REALLY believe any owner of the heavy hitters or his few dealers would send or loan the player to me for possible in depth review?? If I were the company owner I would forbid any dealer to even let you bring a VSEI upgraded player into the store for a brief comparison!"

That's not the point and you know it.

If I wrote a review of a SET amp I thought was as good as it got, and to reinforce my opinion I stated that it competed with the Audio Note Ongaku and other heavy hitters, it wouldn't mean diddly squat if I'd never heard the Ongaku or other similarly priced SET amps.

I've no doubt whatsoever that this latest modded player is excellent and wouldn't say that it couldn't compete with the 'big hitters' as I'd back a well modified player against a stock player any day with only a couple of exceptions.

Making comparisons to competitors that the reviewer has no experience of, at least not in a similar system, is a massive turn-off to me and casts the rest of the review in a different light.

If the reviewer would stick to saying he hasn't heard a better player at any price this would get the message across and could not be questioned in any way by sceptic like myself who don't necessarily believe a player's quality is being exaggerated, just that other players shouldn't be used to hype a player with comparisons which have never been made.

Finally, off-hand I can think of Alex at APL who is always keen on 'shoot-outs' with competing players, and I bought my first Audio Note DAC when Peter Qvortrup offered to send one to Rich to compare against his Sony SCD-1/777ES if memory serves me right.

Today is a gift - that's why it's called the Present.

Best Regards,
Chris Redmond.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.