Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Rick, there WAS a heavy hitter there for comparison.

What whould you suggest we try out our new baby against? What do you consider to be a "heavy hitter".

Geoff compared the 5400 to my Level 7 Upgraded SCD-777ES with UberClock, and actually preferred the 5400.

This Level 7 SCD-777ES has been the focus of a series of reviews done by Karl Lozier, for this forum and for Positive FeedBack magazine, and I believe he considers it a heavy hitter.

Another reviewer in the US compared his own Level 6 DVP-S9000ES against a fully Meitner system and said the Upgraded SONY was clearly superior, and Karl says the SCD-1/SCD-777ES is superior in many ways to a similarly Upgraded DVP-S900ES. This comparison has been done by several owners around the world, all are happy the Upgraded unit is better sounding than the Meitner.

Geoff has a XA-777ES as modified by yourself, he told me it's not in the same arena, although we haven't been able to do a head to head comparison. I am always interesting checking out my work against that of the big guys, what do you suggest?

Regards, Allen (Vacuum State)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.