Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Esoteric DV-60 vs. SCD-1 with VSEI mods

“So you don't even know what players there are over 15K, but you know what they sound like?”

Sounds to me that you don’t think that a well modded SCD-1 can sound better than your AMR CD-77. Well are you ready for this…

I first heard this player at the Munich high-end show and I happen to have a good customer relationship with a local dealer who sells this CDP. When I first heard this player I thought that it had very good sound but when I learned the retail price I questioned the value so I borrowed a demo unit from the local dealer and I hate to be the one o give you this news BUT

There is no F.. way this player worth the asking price. And YES I compared to my modded SCD-1, my SCD-1 outperformed the AMR on the following,

- Better resolution
- Better sound stage
- Better sound detail
- Better dynamics and button line a more natural sound (voices sound very natural on my SCD-1)

If you really really want to convince yourself, I welcome you to visit me in Germany and bring your player with you (you are not that far).

Cheers,
Felix

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.