Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: It shouldn't really matter to you Mudman...

If you think the sonic differences between a stock Sony SCD-1 and a stock Esoteric DV-60 are "minute," then I would say save your money and keep on enjoying the SCD-1. I have heard both players over extended periods of time and have concluded that they are not in the same league. (Have you ever experienced a fully broken-in and properly programmed/set-up DV-60, or are you simply assuming it is not worth the extra money over an SCD-1?)

As far as gloating is concerned, coming onto this board with one's second post of all time and announcing, after running a comparison with a brand new Esoteric DV-60 (but without disclosing such fact), that "most here" would agree that a stock Sony SCD-1 handily beats stock Esoteric DV-60 is hardly gloating. Rather, it can most charitably be described as blissful ignorance.

But given that: (A) the original poster is in the high-end audio industry and should be familiar with the importance of break-in, and (B) considering the fact that he received his Esoteric DV-60 from an authorized Esoteric dealer who likely advised him that the DV-60 requires a minimum of 200-300 hours of play-time break-in to sound its best, and (C) since he was comparing the DV-60 to an SCD-1, a player that he presumably recalled required a similarly extended break-in to sound even halfway decent, and (D) considering the original poster's (what I consider to be) equivocating responses to questions about the number of hours he had on the DV-60, my personal opinion of the original post is not so charitable.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.