Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: OK I'm getting tired of you knocking my SACD player to other people which is very childish BTW

Sorry to burst your bubble Teresa, but the more you pay for a component the better it usually is WHEN WELL DESIGNED.

You've had some half-decent players but nothing special, yet you feel qualified to comment on source components which are far superior to anything you have had in your system.

Of course cheaper systems and source components can be extremely musical and great to listen to, and I'd never criticise anyone for claiming that they had a great system which also happened to be reasonably priced.

The problem you have however is that you are quite specific in suggesting that your system is highly resolving, and in fact more resolving than ANY system which is capable of great CD replay - bizarre!

I can tell you knwow that if you replaced all your interconnects with the best silver, your system would make massive gains in resolution and you would realise that it was not nearly as resolving as you thought.

I am confident that here are thousands of enthusiasts out there listening to CD replay which is far more resolving than the SACD replay you are experiencing, but if you are happy with your SACDs then all well and good, I wish you well.

I notice that in the letter to Playback Magazine you link to, the guy mentions that the player is better with copper ICs to warm the sound a little; in other words, silver cables which reveal the true sonic signature of the player should not be used SO RESOLUTION is reduced by using copper.

It is obvious therefore that in a true high resolution system, the cheap Yamaha DVD player would be exposed for what it is, and so it is best used in similar priced systems which are themselves LOW RESOLUTION.

CD rolls on - the SACD caravan has a flat tyre and no spare.

Best Regards,
Chris redmond.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: OK I'm getting tired of you knocking my SACD player to other people which is very childish BTW - chris.redmond2@bushinternet.com 09:03:00 03/24/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.