Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

read my post again the only "guessing" is with UPSAMPLING! not the original sampling!

And upsampling does not give you higher frequencies, it only gives you more samples. So 16/44.1 upsampled to 96/24 has the "extra" samples which are not in the original 16/44.1kHz are either "guessed at" or repeated.

"Zarex HD's up-sampling process uses intelligent interpolation to fix 24 intermediate samples between every pair of samples in the original waveform, with contours chosen and adjusted by Dr Hohman in response to the unique musical attributes of each source program." Zarex upsamples Albany SACDs from 44.1kHz masters, I've heard these and while they are better than CDs they are not high resolution, I have since sold all of them.

Even though 96kHz has potential frequency response up to 44kHz because the original 44.1kHz sound recorded was limited to 20kHz that is still the highest frequency that one can have. But the better a system or program is at guessing the samples in between the recorded samples the better the resulting SACD will be.

That is why "REAL" high resolution is better than upsampling!

And yes I do understand math, perhaps you do not understand the difference between real resolution and upsampling?

Give me high resolution or remain silent,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.