Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

no, it is you who are totally and completely deluded.

"You are simply deluded. "

no, it is you who are totally and completely deluded.

as although PCM 24/96 files are of worse quality than DSD/SACD, audio magazines already start hyping them as the next big thing LOL and as I see some people got confused :))

If they delude more people, record labels will be able to cut costs of producing beautifully released SACD's (just look at Alia Vox SACDs for example), costs of printing covers, booklets, packaging, pressing, distributing and at the same time they can price these downloads even higher than SACDs.. it's hilarious !!

additionally when you look at music servers they fall into two categories, toys capable of playing 16bit/44k downloads like squeezebox for example and PC computers repacked into hi-fi looking designs hailed as hi-end (read: very pricey) music servers

look for example at linn majik ditital stream player:] the truth is when audio manufacturer eliminate laser, transport etc and sell PC as hi-end audio player instead, its costs will drop, yet music servers prices are very high

As there are potential benefits (higher margin and ROI) for audio manufacturers (that's why there will soon probably be even more sponsored articles in audio magazines), unfortunately I don't see any benefit for myself, PCM 24/96 sounds worse than DSD, I don't get any cover, booklet... only a file and there's no choice in both software and hardware.

--
pro-CD trolls bark, but the hi-rez SACD caravan goes on...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • no, it is you who are totally and completely deluded. - Hiro 02:45:20 03/21/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.