Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

By your own admission you like Rock and not Classical and I only know of one DSD recorded Rock SACD

The Cowboy Junkies: Open and somehow I don't think you would like this one. Plus even though it is DSD and on a label that usually makes natural sounding recordings, Rounder. It does not sound like a good example of DSD recording to me.

Unless you develop a taste for Classical music or unless some Rock band finally makes a natural sounding DSD recording you will never heard what SACD can do sonically.

Rock music on SACD may be an improvement over what RBCD can do, but you are hearing less than 25% of SACDs capabilities.

Once you can finally hear a well make DSD recorded SACD you will know what a total fraud the CD format is. An absolute and total fraud on any equipment anywhere I have heard on Planet Earth. And I would rank my equipment among the most natural sounding I have heard at any price. So insult someone else's equipment not mine, it will not work or get you any brownie points.

Give me high resolution or remain silent,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.