Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

It really doesn' matter if Rock and Pop record in DSD...

You can't go back and re-record all the wonderful music that has been created over the years. I'm not a fan of most contemporary performers, so the point is moot. I'm a music lover first and an audiophile second. I simply want to hear recordings that I love in the best possible sound.

I also want convenience, the incredible 45rpm sets currently being issued by audiophile labels clearly surpass most recorded formats. However, when I have to get up every 8 minutes to flip the record it kills the flow.

Teresa, I'm not a classical music fan but I'm sure that you can even agree that many of the best performance of classic repertoire were recorded in the golden age of stereo. So do you just want music that has the most realistic sound or do you want the best performance of the music?

I would love to see my cherished favorites lovingly transferred from their original analog sources to SACD's. I'd buy them for the third, fourth or even fifth time but with SACD hitting the ten year mark, I'm a realist and know this will never happen.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.