Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Wadia 581iSE, the best sounding SACD player I've heard but....

I completely agree you need a bandwidth out to 100khz as a MINIMUM. We have found with our preamps that two decades either side of the conventional "audio bandwidth" of 20Hz to 20khz sounds the best of all.

But no current recording technology allows this, so 100khz will have to suffice. But no magor manufacturer allows anything like 100kHz, even the SONY SCD-1 with it's "Custom" rear panel switch is a crock, as it extends the basic 45 khz bandwith only out to maybe 55kHz. All in an effort not to upset amplifiers.

Our Upgrades have a 3rd octave filter at just under 100khz and there has only been one claim for a damaged amp - and we believe that was far more a sign of a badley designed unstable amp than too much bandwith in the player - and that's from over 500 Upgrades! The amp designer even said the amp was "hairtrigger"...

Extreme bandwidth brings all sorts of unexpected sonic benfits - like often far better bass end when the treble end is extended.

Regards, Allen (Vacuum State)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Wadia 581iSE, the best sounding SACD player I've heard but.... - Allen Wright 02:33:46 03/20/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.