Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Wadia 581iSE, the best sounding SACD player I've heard but....

"It may fool you at a low listen level. Once turn up at > 110 dB level, you will hear that a good orginal DSD recording far far better and natural...."

So unless I'm playing under 110 DB I'm not getting the benefit from SACD? As I listen with peaks about 90db it would seem that I don't need to chase any more SACD's at this stage.

With regards to the high end harmonics, a lot of speakers in room (as opposed to stated specifications) don't actually put very much out above 15kHz, let alone 50kHz so do you believe there is still benefit to be had in those circumstances?

The strongest defenders of SACD seem to totally disregard the subjective pleasure that many listeners get from RBCD. Why is this? Why are a handful of people SO defensive about formats? It strikes me that most people here will agree that a well recorded, produced and mastered SACD sounds better than the equivalent RBCD. The big problem is that unless you're mainly a classical listener the opportunities to enjoy this level of sound is limited to the extreme. Of the 40 or so discs I've purchased this year, four have been SACD's and they sound pretty good, but the ones I return to more are on RBCD as they're musically more enjoyable. Potential sound quality is only one factor in my music buying and it's fairly near the bottom.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.