Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Try using Google

You are right, the link seems to be corrupted. However, there are plenty of alternative download sources - just use Google.

I can assure you the version I downloaded is not corrupted - here is a brief extract from the Readme file:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Readme
DSD to PCM Playback Plug-in Version 1.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This file describes the latest information for the DSD to PCM Playback
Plug-in.
Please read this before using the DSD to PCM Playback Plug-in.

PS - If you don't understand the principles behind pulse density modulation, I am not going to try and explain it to you. I will offer three observations:
1. If you implement a DSD to PCM converter (or indeed, any generic sigma delta converter), it needs to be greater than first order otherwise the results are too noisy. That's why what you posted is not correct.
2. However, higher order converters are prone to idle tones, which you need to handle.
3. The actual DSD to PCM algorithm from memory (but don't quote me on this) is a proprietary 5th order converter with a specific noise shaping curve.

I won't post you my Excel file because it is quite simplistic and is not a fully implemented encoder/decoder (I did it so that I can quickly plot some graphs).

If you are interested in a sample algorithm, I have attached a link to a matlab model, based on a real A/D converter

Edits: 12/18/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.