Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: DSD playback and Sony Patents

So much misinformation on the web.

First off the Korg Recorder can be used with any PC. I use a Toshiba. The only reason that there is one company, Tascam that burns to disc, is because most people need to be able to manipulate the files, it's simply easier to work on a PC.

Since DSD was developed as an professional archiving format there hasn't developed a industry around it like PCM. There is no reason that manufactures could not implement DSD playback on their SACD units. However even if they did, I don't think it would be a major selling point.
The market for DSD recording is even smaller than Hi-Rez PCM. How many are making DVD-A disc's for needle drops?
Before you hit Sony, think about who many are really using DSD for recording or better yet how many understand the differences in Hi Rez PCM vs DSD and the capabilities of each.
Sorry for the rant but every time a subject like this comes up all the experts make statements without fully understanding the products or from what they read.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.