Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Richard Kern/Audiomod is no longer in business...

This is a real shame, too; Richard Kern is a very good fellow, exceptionally meticulous in his workmanship, and honest to a fault.

I documented his mods to my SCD-1 in a series of photo essays and reviews in *Positive Feedback Online*, and came away truly impressed by his work.

In my experience, modders like Richard Kern, Allen Wright (and his trained American agents), Alex Peychev, Dan Wright, and Paul Weitzel are exceptional audio artisans, do work that transforms target platforms in various directions (all better, but all different), and can be trusted to carry out their work fairly and honestly.

It is too bad that unethical persons sully the reputation of such fine people and their companies, and bring some audiophiles to question the wisdom of modifying their SACD players. For what it's worth, I haven't heard a mod from any of the above folks that wasn't an obvious improvement over the standard model.

All the best,

david

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.