Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Is it possible that incorrect facts, and lots of speculation have led you so astray?

Replies to Sordidman:

Why go through all of that effort?

It was no effort at all!

By Alex, could you mean APL?

I was not referring to Alex at APL, but apparently you think that there's only one Alex out there that does mods.

1. APL ARE DESIGNERS. There're great reasons why they only keep the case and transport of some of the products that they create. They are also creating new products COMPLETELY from scratch, - including the case.

Yes, APL has a DAC, That's just a chip, right? In regards to case, if I had the desire, I too can get a case made for me...not a big deal!

2. If the product only just utilizes the external case and the transport of another manufacturer, that constitutes far more than a modification. Do you understand what all is involved?

I do...there's lots of work involved when you take one clock out and put in another, say superclock... I am not saying any modder does not know what he/she is doing, I just said that of course they are going to point out a weakness that they can explore for their benefit!

3. APL does not work on Marantz products. They also do not repair/modify Marantz or other designer's/brand products; so what motivation would they have to stretch the truth to get more business in regard to Marantz?

Well, let's see, they work on the Esoteric and Denon products, also Pioneer...

4. APL builds speakers and amplifiers and other components. They are very busy with their own products, I'd billing willing to place some pretty big bets that they don't have the time to play around fixing or changing components in other brands.

I didn't see this on their product list, perhaps you, as a dealer have more insights than I do...I too am busy with my tweaks of my components that I buy as well as my DIY speakers....This does not qualify me to be an expert in the field.

5. Have you ever seen the inside of an APL Player? The design is really neat and organized for all of the components that are installed: especially when you consider the room required for the tube.

No, I have not seen the inside of an APL modded player. I, however have see the work of other modder's and they look horrendeous. I will not name the names as some else will think I am insanely ranting about "nothing".

6. Have you ever heard an APL player? Have you ever heard a Modwright player? Maybe next time, a little research and experience might benefit and strengthen your arguments. Or, you might just want to ask questions....

Yes I have heard of an APL player...Actually against one of my own during a SF Bay Area meeting of shootout of sacd players... To be honest, even ALEX himself pick a player that was not modded and the cheapest of the bunch over his modded player.

I am also willing to entertain the fact that Modwright, - if you were referring to them/him, - may just be in a similar situation to APL, but I don't want to speculate....

I wouldn't speculate either, but since you SPECULATED that I was talking about ALEX of APL this whole time, then don't SPECULATE ANY MORE WILL YOU, because you were erroneous on your Original speculation.

Edits: 05/06/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.