Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I can't comment on the center channel sound...

for Lush Life since I went to a "phantom" center channel a couple of years ago. But I can say that I have a few hundred MCH discs and I always listen in MCH. I do make adjustments on the rear channel volume for some discs but the improvement in sound from 2CH to MCH is definately worth the few seconds it takes to adjust the volume of the rears. The vast majority take no adjustment whatsoever and I already know the settings of the few that I listen to regularly that need adjustment. I just set the rear volume before I listen. When I get to the point that I can't keep track, I'll just write the settings down on the album cover.

Admittedly, getting the center channel perfectly dialed may take a bit more time. But the center can have a huge positive effect on the sound quality. Eventually, when I can afford a center speaker that is matched with my front mains, I will go back to an active center channel. If I have to tweak the settings a bit for a few discs - no problem!

No one else has had the problems you had had with Lush Life so I suspect you got a lemon. Even if you did not, I suggest that you don't give up on MCH. The improvement in the sound with MCH is huge and it is definately worth a bit of tweaking with the volume controls.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I can't comment on the center channel sound... - Pacman 09:27:00 04/30/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.