Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Thank you

Thank you for the important clarifications.

I think it’s important for a perspective purchaser to know that an audiophile grade power cord *may* or *may not* result in audible improvements depending on their “electrical power circumstances”.

Is there a dependable way to measure or gauge these circumstances? Is there a way to measure or gauge “hash” in the incoming AC line so as to better determine what, if any, third party power cord may be warranted?

I know for me, personally, from what I can *see*, my power situation *seems* fine. All my electrical appliances and lights seem to function as intended. My computers work as they are suppose to. My monitors look as good (but not necessarily any better) than any other similar monitors I see around the area or country. We rarely have blackouts or brown outs, so I guess the grid is staple. Our solar electrical array produces even more electricity than was projected (but we are getting less over cast days the last 3 years-perhaps due to global warming?)

But I suspect that little, if any, of what I cited has a direct parallel to “electrical power circumstances” and “hash in the incoming AC line” that can effect what we *hear* through our sound systems. So how do we measure/determine whether an audiophile grade power card would provide audible improvements?

Thank you.

Robert C. Lang

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.