Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Audio Aero Prestige player & transport

Hi Bodie,

I had the same problem with the Phillip's transport. Noise and poor operation. Many a time it got stuck and all you can do is switch off the player at the rear main switch and switch back on to 'reboot' it. Sometimes if you changed inputs with a disc still in the draw it wouldn't recognise the disc when you came back.

I opted for the new Sony transport, which was a £400 upgrade not covered in the UK warranty rather than get the Phillips transport replaced with same.

The sound quality is now even better, with fast access times, track info in the display and very silent in use. However there are still quirks when this is installed. There is now no standby function and so if you leave a disc in the tray it will spin forever. Stop only stops the music. You must always eject a disc! Still a few operational errors too. Doesn't seem to like certain SACDs, not reading first few seconds of some tracks. Mine is going back to AA for a fix I hope.

I've had the Prestige for almost 12 months and a Capitole MKII before that and it's been a rollercoaster ride. Sound, when it is perfect is near perfect for me. When it doesn't work properly, it's s....t

Would I buy it again...................no.

Too many fantastic players out there now to choose from.

I'd still get the new transport just for the improved sound and quiet operation.

Hope this helps

smart

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.