Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Audio Aero Prestige player & transport

For me the Audio Aero Prestige SACD player is among the most musical players I have ever heard, for CD and SACD. I have been enjoying its holographic liquidness for more than a year now. With a DAC that accepts external input, it is an ideal one-box player to combine CD, SACD and PC based (lossless) music via my Squeezebox.

However, I have had some problems with the (I assume) Philips transport: it is too noisy on 50% of the disks I play (noise depends on the disk strangely enough) and it started to have dropouts on a number of disks. The latter problem has been increasing and since yesterday the transport seems to have given up totally: the CD that happened to be in the player keeps spinning and can not be ejected. In the (SA)CD menu there is no display any more -- just a black screen.

I have contacted Audio Aero in France to ask for their advice. All I know is that I want the Prestige to be repaired, as it is the first CD player that I can (or, alas, could) listen to endlessly ...

I noticed the discussions on this forum on the player´s Philips transport, and on the benefits of the Sony transport that is used in more recent ones. Anyone heard both these two transports in this player and can compare?

Thanks & regards,
Bodie (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Audio Aero Prestige player & transport - BodieBill@unet.nl 07:07:09 04/09/07 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.