Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

a couple of novice questions.

I have good turntable and a good redbook player. I have not ventured far into sacd and have just a sony 9000es and a pioneer45a. The pioneer is not fussy about dics so i have it my main stereo and the sony is a good dvd player so i have left it to play dvd's.

I find the sound of the song to be more forward than the pioneer and I think more acurate. The pioneer has a distant kind of misrange in the soundstage which actually sounds good on some things but i notice for instance on the hybrid "Blood on the tracks" i think the cd layer sounds more natural, but then again my theta has more substantial analog end to it than the pioneer.

I worry about how long they will make sacd's and dont want to get heavy into spending money on it now but I am looking for general advice.

Is there another good sacd player out there on the used market? should i switch to the sony or get another? should I mod a cheaper player? Being into vinyl more than redbook, I certainly like hi-rez better and I work in the audio field so I listen to high rez stuff all the time. Just feeling around here and wondering if anyone has anything they want to offer.

my other gear in the system i am considering is a conrad johnson premier IB, a nick doshi alaap preamp, dunlavy scIV's and B&W 801's. thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - a couple of novice questions. - mothra 14:40:29 04/07/07 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.